Technical Customer Service Advisor
Home-based. Blue Lights Digital Ltd has always been a virtual company and working from home is something we excel at! We will provide the technical equipment for you to complete your work, however you will need to have a reliable broadband connection and the ability to work as part of a virtualised team.
Whilst being multi-faceted, Blue Lights Digital focuses on supplying digital investigation services into the public sector. We are currently in the process of expanding and have a number of exciting vacancies within our Service Desk.
We supply technical products, services, virtual training events and conferences routinely throughout the year across our public sector clients and respond to a range of incidents every day. The Service Desk also manages internal IT incidents across the company.
Successful applicants will work alongside existing staff and play a vital role in supporting our clients and staff via live chat, email and telephone.
This role is ideally suited for an individual seeking to start a career within the digital investigation space. It would suit someone with some technical IT knowledge and/or experience in customer service. You will provide 1st and 2nd line IT support in accordance with best practice to ensure accurate recording of all reported incidents, changes and service requests that affect IT infrastructure and networks, resulting in timely resolutions within specified service level agreements.
Working hours are generally business hours on Mondays to Fridays, with the occasional need to travel and work from other locations, and outside of these times. Part-time and job-share options will be considered.
Other duties will include:
- Providing an excellent customer service experience from initial contact to satisfactory resolution of issue
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals and processes for new and updated software and hardware
- Providing technical assistance, diagnosing system errors and route cause analysis of incidents
- Assisting the Training department with administrative duties and liaising with training delegates
- Continuously reviewing and improving processes
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Complying with ISO and GDPR requirements
Skills and qualifications needed:
- Minimum of two A’levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems
- Familiar with both PC and Mac hardware and software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to analytically interpret data and statistics
- Ability to adhere to quality standards and processes
- Must agree to undertake security vetting
Full Time or Part Time (20hours), Permanent
£17,000 – £20,000 per year (pro-rata for part-time)